Ruggles & Jeffery Environmental Management System recertified to ISO 14001 Standard
We are very pleased to report that following a two day British Standards Audit that assessed our Environmental Management System (EMS), our System has been recertified to ISO 14001 Standard.
A number of strengths in our EMS were identified by Cathy Oates (an EMS specialist) and Derek Heron (Client Manager) and noted in the assessment report – these included:
- The results from the audits undertaken and from the Site Inspections indicate a smooth running environmental management system.
- One of our main Environmental objectives refers to the energy efficiency action plan (viewed by the Auditors) which sets out responsibilities and tasks. This action plan contains a good mix of actions, showing attention to detail and commitments to improvements.
- Our processes for keeping up to date and understanding how legislation applies to the organisation are effective. It is a particular strength of Ruggles & Jeffery’s EMS.
- The organisation is dealing well with the changes caused by the new Waste Regulations 2011. New Ruggles & Jeffery waste transfer notes have been printed to comply with the new Waste Regulations and are now in use.
- A Register of Waste Contractors Carriers Licenses & Disposal Site Licenses or Exemptions is maintained. This is a useful document in line with best practice, to track and illustrate care of waste under the Waste Regulations 2011.
- Within our energy efficiency plan , we have been paying particular attention to one of their most significant aspects – vehicle mileage. The company expects vehicle usage to be a particular area for 2012 environmental targets.
We are delighted that our robust approach to environmental issues has been recognised.