B.S.I. Audit our Environmental Management System and On Site Processes
We are very pleased to report that following a rigorous two day British Standards Institute Audit that assessed our Environmental Management System (EMS) and our On Site systems and Processes, Ruggles & Jeffery’s Environmental Management System has been recertified to the BS EN ISO 14001:2004 International Standard.
The first day involved auditing at our offices and factory whilst the second day involved an audit at one of our current site operations. A number of strengths of our EMS were identified by David Lee (B.S.I. EMS Specialist) and Derek Heron (Client Manager) and noted in the assessment report – these included:
- The results from the audits undertaken and from the Site Inspections indicate a smooth running Environmental Management System that is legally compliant.
- One of our main Environmental Objectives is centred round energy efficiency action plans (viewed by the Auditors) that sets out responsibilities and tasks. This action plan contains a good mix of actions, showing attention to detail and commitments to improvements.
- Our processes for keeping up to date and understanding how legislation applies to the organisation are effective. It is a particular strength of Ruggles & Jeffery’s EMS.
- The organisation is making significant headway in the management of waste generated by its refurbishment activities achieving impressive and improving recycling rates year on year.
- A Register of Waste Contractors Carriers Licenses & Disposal Site Licenses or Exemptions is maintained. This is a useful document in line with best practice, to track and illustrate care of waste under the Waste Regulations Legislation.
- Within our energy efficiency plan, we have been paying particular attention to one of our most significant aspects and impacts – vehicle fuel consumption. The company has made significant progress in performance in this area and continues to focus on further improvements planned.