Health & Safety Policy
Effective Health & Safety management control and work practice is an integral part of our company culture and is recognised as a key driver in respect to achieving success in our business objectives.
Key Health and Safety Policy Objectives
- To ensure that our business operations are undertaken in accordance with best practice procedures which reflect compliance with current and up to date statutory health and safety legislation
- To provide our workforce with “best practice” training, information, procedures, skills, equipment and leadership to assist them in ensuring our business operations, at all times, reflect “best practice”
- To ensure the directors and senior management of ‘‘Ruggles & Jeffery Ltd’’ recognise and fully support the requirement to establish improved health and safety standards within the industry and, are committed to supporting our clients in achieving this objective by ensuring excellent standards of health and safety management and practice within our operational control
- To influence mutual performance improvement objectives and practices within the integrated
supply chain which we recognise as being important to the success of our client’s projects and the industry in general
- To work successfully with our supply chain partners in realising significant and tangible health and safety performance improvement standards in all of our project appointments and undertakings
- To ensure our business operations do not cause risk to the health and safety of our employees or to others who may be affected by our business operations
- To ensure our business operations do not cause risk to the local or wider environment through poor environmental management control or work practices
- To undertake a review of our Health and Safety Policy at regular intervals and at other times where events such as significant health and safety incidents or the introduction of new or updated legislation dictates/li>
Key Statutory Compliance
We shall do all that is reasonably practicable to implement our legal duties under all relevant statutory provisions and in particular those provisions outlined in:
- The Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
In Particular as an Employer we will:
- Provide and maintain plant and systems of work that are safe and without risk to health
- Ensure the safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees.
- Ensure the maintenance of workplaces under our control in a condition that is safe and without risks to health, which includes the provision and maintenance of safe access and egress routes
- The provision and maintenance of a working environment that is safe, without risks to health and adequate as regards to facilities and the arrangements of the welfare of our employees whilst at work
As a condition of employment we require our employees to co-operate with us to ensure we meet with our objectives. In particular we require our employees to:
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions whilst at work.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
We, the Directors, pledge to provide satisfactory resources to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, that our employees are provided with the necessary training, supervision, information, procedures, skills, equipment and leadership necessary to achieve our policy objectives.
With Responsibility for Health and Safety
Date: June 2016
Ruggles & Jeffery have a comprehensive Health & Safety Policy, this is available on request only.