Ruggles & Jeffery Ltd Environmental Policy is to minimise any adverse affects its activities have on the environment, to comply with, and preferably exceed, any relevant legislation and best practice and actively encourage the use of recycled or recyclable products. We are committed to:
• Complying with our Clients’ Environmental Policy requirements.
• Identifying and evaluating the environmental impacts of the Company’s activities.
• Promoting and supporting ‘best practice’ for maximising environmental benefit, to encourage
environmental improvement and minimise the potential for environmental damage that may be caused
by our operations
• Communicating the policy internally and training our employees to promote awareness and understanding
of environmental issues.
• Ensuring that all sub-contractors demonstrate compliance with our environmental policy and that of our
• Reducing the total quantity of waste produced by our operations and maximising recycling of any waste
• Reducing and minimising the consumption of energy and the use of natural resources.
• Reducing pollution and the risk of pollution from our sites and processes.
• Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements relating to our environmental aspects.
• Encouraging the use of environmentally sound products and services from our suppliers.
• Liaising closely with statutory and local authorities, clients, third party organisations and the general
• Reviewing our environmental performance and that of our sub-contractors by regular auditing of
operations, identifying and rectifying any deficiencies and promoting continuous improvement.
• Establishing and maintaining an effective Environmental Management System to complement our core
business operations, supported by proven Environmental Consultants where necessary.
• Developing and implementing a management system to ISO 14001.
With Responsibility for Environmental Issues
21 June 2010
Ruggles & Jeffery have a comprehensive Environment Policy, this is available on request only.