Ruggles & Jeffery Ltd Environmental Policy is to minimise any adverse effects its activities have on the environment, to comply with and preferably exceed, any relevant legislation and best practice and actively encourage the use of recycled or recyclable products.
We are committed to:
- Complying with our Clients’ Environmental Policy requirements.
- Identifying and evaluating the environmental impacts of the Company’s activities.
- Promoting and supporting ‘best practice’ for maximising environmental benefit, to encourage environmental improvement and minimise the potential for environmental damage that may be caused by our operations
- Communicating the policy internally and training our employees to promote awareness and understanding of environmental issues.
- Ensuring that all sub-contractors demonstrate compliance with our environmental policy and that of our Clients’.
- Reducing the total quantity of waste produced by our operations and maximising recycling of any waste produced.
- Reducing and minimising the consumption of energy and the use of natural resources.
- Reducing pollution and the risk of pollution from our sites and processes.
- Track, understand and implement all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements relating to our environmental aspects to satisfy our compliance obligations.
- Encouraging the use of environmentally sound products and services from our suppliers.
- Liaising closely with statutory and local authorities, clients, third party organisations and the general public.
- Reviewing our environmental performance and that of our sub-contractors by regular auditing of operations, identifying and rectifying any deficiencies and promoting continuous improvement.
- Establishing and maintaining an effective Environmental Management System to complement our core business operations, supported by proven Environmental Consultants where necessary.
- Developing and implementing a management system to ISO 14001.
With Responsibility for Environmental Issues
Date: June 2021
Ruggles & Jeffery have a comprehensive Environment Policy, this is available on request only.